Intermediate Saxophone Duets is ideal for players with previous experience in the Jazz/Blues genre as it contains musical language (blues notes, jazz rhythms) direct from the great Jazz tradition.
Ideal for teachers and students as the 2 parts are for players of slightly different abilities.
The melodies are are developed just like an improvisor would 'Jazz up a tune' using blue notes, rhythmic variation and dynamics to colour and personalize the tunes.
The 10+ original pieces full of Jazz language provide interesting material for home practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
Bb lower part included so Alto and Tenor can play together!
- Jazz language and chromatism used
- Lower Parts Rhythmically independant
- Wider range
- Intro + coda
- Bb + Eb Parts included so Alto and Tenors can play together
"In my experience, it's been so difficult to find interesting jazz duets. Finally they exist! Nick Homes nails it harmonically and melodically. They're both challenging AND fun.” James suggs USA
1. Bourbon Street Blues a lively blues in G, with classic blues intro and ending (1.15)
2. Hobo subtle variations in the theme challenge the student, supported by an elaborate lower part with plenty of ‘blue’ passing notes (1.10)
3. Ramblin’ Blues based blues in C, rolling jazz lower part with intro and coda (1.15)
4. Delta Blues a touch of Gershwin here.-work out which classic it references (1.12)
5. Fats a study in slowness (much needed today!), with time to focus on the beginnings and endings of notes, dynamics and vibrato
6. Memphis the use of the 6th note in the melody gives this piece a soulful feeling. The second time round the head the lead player can enjoy playing the melody in the higher register
7. Jive Blues features chromatic passing notes and embellishments with a lick or two of Louis Armstrong mixed in
8. Barrel House Blues quirky to and fro of parts interspersed with choice blues licks in this outing in B flat
9. Ok - Cheeky Minor AABA tune
10. Hungry (bundled)- 'Stanley Turrentine' influenced Blues , with 2 choruses of written solos, or you can blow your own!
11. Delta Blues v2 (bundled) with a Solo .Starts in F, then Up a tone to G in the solo. Head out in A
12. Silent Night JAzz ( Bundled)