Mission - Goals - Vision
Here are a few statements about Nick Homes (JazzDuets) Vision and Goals:
- I am passionate about education.
- My mission is to address the fears + solve the challenges students encounter when learning Jazz.
- Teaching is not a sideline that I do when I am not gigging to bring in some extra cash. It is way of life, a necessity I feel.
- I approach the creation of teaching resources as an art form (I worry and fret when I am creating the resources, as I want them to be as best as humanly possible)
- I strive to create cutting edge, jazz resources that inspire + motivate (I spend my days developing, researching, experimenting, testing, practicing, rinsing and repeating!)
- I am and was a non genius (I believe this to be an advantage as a teacher as it allows me to relate and connect with what students are going through)
- I love associating sounds with feelings and emotions in my classes, creating an immersive and impactful learning experience.
- I am deeply interested in self-improvement, applying these principles to the study of music, and fostering an environment of continual growth.
- I am meticulous to detail and I not afraid of being a nerd sometimes!