Intermediate Clarinet Jazz Duets PDF download
Intermediate Blues Duets pdf book is ideal for players with a little previous experience in the Jazz/Blues genre as it contains musical language (blues notes, jazz rhythms, licks) direct from the Jazz tradition.
It is ideal for teachers and students as the 2 parts are for players of slightly different abilities. (The lower part is more challenging)
The melodies are developed just like an improvisor would 'Jazz up a tune' using blue notes, rhythmic variation and dynamics to colour and personalise the tunes.
The 8 original pieces full of Jazz language provide interesting material for home practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
Instrumentation - 2 Clarinets
"In my experience, it's been so difficult to find interesting jazz duets. Finally they exist! Nick Homes nails it harmonically and melodically. They're both challenging AND fun.” James Suggs USA
1. Bourbon Street Blues a lively blues in G, with a classic blues intro and ending
2. Hobo - subtle variations in the theme challenge the student, supported by an elaborate lower part with plenty of ‘blue’ passing notes
3. Ramblin’, blues in C, with a rolling jazz lower part + an intro and coda
4. Delta Blues, a touch of Gershwin here
5. Fats a study in slowness (much needed today!), with time to focus on the beginnings and endings of notes, dynamics and vibrato
6. Memphis, the use of the 6th note in the melody gives this piece a soulful feeling. The second time round the head the lead player can enjoy playing the melody in the higher register
7. Jive Blues features chromatic passing notes and embellishments with a lick or two of Louis Armstrong mixed in
8. Barrel House Blues- quirky to and fro of parts interspersed with choice blues licks in this outing in B flat
9. OK. (Bundled) - C minor classic AABA standard like catch tune