Essential Jazz Harmony 12 key Piano practice PDF + podcast tutorial
The “Original” Classic Chord progression featured in this PDF is one of the most important to learn and understand as it is so ubiquitous in Jazz.
Learning and internalising this essential to know sequence on the Piano in 12 keys will profoundly deepen your understanding of harmony, taking your musicianship/improvisation to a much higher level, whilst training your ear!
Included in this digital Download are the following:
- PDF booklet of the Classic progression + 3 other variations that feature essential to know substitutions in all 12 keys with chord symbols and full Piano voicings (+ Classic Status Quo Melody)
- 15 minute detailed Mp3 Podcast Analysis Tutorial of the theory that includes an ear training test at the end
- Reference Pdf to printout for use with the Podcast
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to the JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/eBoXL
The assimilation of the harmonic information in this package is guaranteed to help move your playing, aural awareness and general musicianship to higher levels.
Harmony featured :
- Diminished and IV minor functions
- Augmented Dominant chords
- Tritone Substitution chords
- Secondary Dominants
I got this for my husband, (he's a woodwind player!) He finds it really useful and has added it to his daily workout!
The explanations was great and I like the little quiz at the end. For next time maybe add more applications to other songs. But overall great content.
Thanks Nick for the ispiration
So happy I bought this! Very easy to comprehend. I highly recommend watching all his videos, and working your way through the very useful and groundbreaking material on his website!
I use it to improve my guitar knowledges ( Hi from Paris )