This collection of 9 Original lively pieces is ideal for Trumpet players of modest abilities who are just starting out and want a fun introduction to duet playing in the Jazz idiom. The original pieces that explore theBlues and Jazzstyles are carefully written in comfortable keys, so as not to overwhelm young players. The lower part is slightly more challenging to play, suitable for a player who is slightly more experienced.
(Contains Memphis trio )
Easy and Fun to Play
Ideal for beginners
Basic Jazz Rhythms
"Jazz Duets Blues series of duets for Saxophone will help anyone get deep in to the roots of the past and the future of this music”
1. Bourbon Street,a lively blues in G with a classic blues introduction
2. Hobo a 12 bar blues in F, exploring the core major-minor sound that gives the Blues so much flavour!
3. Ramblin, a riffy tune, with rolling jazz lower part
4. Delta Blues features a catchy bass line hook that is contagious!
5. Fatsoffers a slow moment of peace and tranquility!
6. Memphis features a memorable shuffle bass accompaniment that has a rock 'n roll sound!
7. Jive Bluesexplores the world of difference between long and short quarter notes
8. Barrel House Blues- Querky blues with challenging to and fro parts- rather
like a game of ping pong!
Ideal for practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
You may also like