Advanced Jazz Saxophone Duets vol 2 Digital Download
Looking for a challenge?
Advanced Saxophone Duets VOLUME 2 for Performers (37 pages) contains9 Original Duetsproviding the experienced Saxophonist with challenging material written with live performance in mind that explore the many styles found in Jazz today:
Mainstream, Funk, Bebop, Blues and Brazilian.
The pieces contain introductions, codas, modulations as well aswritten Solosfull ofreal Jazz languagethat increase interest and challenge . Suitable for more advanced players who are looking for total immersion in the Jazz idiom. Inside almost every Duet amusical tribute to some great Jazz composeror improvisor of some sort has been inserted with the purpose of enriching the pieces whilst at the same time disseminating the Jazz continuum ("the truth as some people like to call it").
Instrumentation- 2 Saxophones
1. Upper Crust- fast bop duet influenced by Sidney Bechet with written solo,modulation head out and half time moments.
2. HoboBluesin the key of F major explores the major-minor sound that is such an important feature of the blues. The solo in the jazz vernacular gives the student the chance to ‘wail’ in homage to Sidney Bechet (2.04)
3. Ok- Bluesy outing in G minor with some Altissimo high G notes
4. Delta Bluesfeatures a riffy low sub-tone second part and is dedicated to Ben Webster; gentle giant of the tenor sax, who could evoke so much from his sound alone. Modulates from C, C# to D (2.09)
5. Pick Up- features 1, 2 3 and 4 note approach notes and enclosures
6. FATSThis duet is dedicated to Fats Waller - the great Jazz Pianist/singer. entertainer who wrote ‘Ain’t misbhavin’ .
7. Jive Bluesstarts in C with the second head developed in C#. Then comes a shout like head in D but marked softly! The out head modulates to Eb with further passing notes and added embellishments to increase the tension (2.17)
8. Barrel House Bluesis a zany blues that traverses various styles and rhythms - 12/8 afro, funk , swing, and keys F, F# and G to challenge the player whilst providing a feast for the ears!uerky blues with challenging to and fro of parts (2.24)
9. Ramblin Bluesis a rootsy, angular outing with a stretched range. Its starts
in Bb/ The Solo is in B and the head is in C. It contains a few high harmonics as well.
"Advanced Duets for performers Duets are challenging, very musical and demonstrate a deep understanding of the Blues & Jazz vocabulary. There is plenty of stylistic language that can be gleaned from these duet studies. Extended range, chromaticism, rhythmic interplay and well conceived independent contrapuntal parts present some good technical and musical challenges for the players"
Greg Heath - B.A. A.D.J.S.
Saxophonist, Composer, Arranger, Educator
You may also like