Coltrane "Meditation" exercise
The exercise proposed in this digital download is amongst THE most important any serious musician can ever practice.
There are 2 reasons for this:
1) It trains the ear and body to be able to recognise acutely how each note feels
against a base chord.
2) It trains us to be able to play a tune in any key, as once we know the number/melody relationship of a tune we can translate this to any key, (provided we know the numbers of each note of the scale in all the 12 keys of music)
Included in the download
- A carefully prepared PDF which includes a meticulous bar by bar analysis of the 'Resolution' melody + with the melody/numbers written for Concert, Bb, Eb and Bass instruments.
- 12 minor drones for you to practice/experience the exercises in 12 keys
- Pdf of 'Resolution' in 12 keys (treble and bass clef versions)
Great experience. The drones in 12 keys is a very important feature for me. I am concentrating on subscribing this year and the drones are very good for my ear training. I am using virtual piano and drones since I don't have a keyboard. I can use a piano once a month for ear training exercises while on volunteer duty at the Arts Council due to slow visitations and phone calls.
I really love this. The meditation brings profound results in music and life. Thank you so much for revealing this!
quite simple but a great idea! you learn to learn with it.
I have only just started work on this exercise and what starts out as seeming quite straightforward leads deeper and deeper in to new areas and insights. Great work. Thank you.
Excellent and great work, I fall in Coltrane music At the end of the 60s, I started the sax with a soprano following my meeting with Steve Lacy in the early 80s. Your way of teaching music is the most perfect to date And above all there is no age to start, I am French, I am 70 years old and have two passion music and languages