7/4 12 key Amazing Grace practice playalong digital download
Playing in Odd time Signatures like 7/4 is a great fun way to practice and strengthen rhythmic understanding.
Command of Rhythm and Rhythmic variety is key to sounding competent as an improvisor.
A stunning technique is useless if you cannot play in time.
This Jazzduets arrangement of the Timeless classic 'Amazing Grace' has been written to challenge and inspire. It features:
1) 7/4 time, sometimes alternating groups of 223 and 332, which keeps the player on their toes!
2) 12 modulations . The tune modulates up a half step every, upping the emotional charge.
3) Rich Jazz harmony - secondary dominants, Upper extensions, modal interchange to name a few!
4) Tasty melodic lines drawn from the great American Jazz continuum.
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to the JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/ndAoy
The Digital Download contains the following:
- 4 Digital Pdf's of the 12 Variations. (C, B, Eb and Bass clef versions)
- The following 4 Mp3 Play alongs:
- backing track+ melody at 120 beats per minute
- backing track at 120bpm without melody
- backing track+ melody slower at 90bpm
- backing track slower at 90bpm without melody
Congratulations and thank you very much!
A musical pleasure. As always from JAZZ DUETS.
Recién empecé a practicar este ejercicio y lo estoy disfrutando mucho, nunca había intentado en 7/4 y esta es una linda manera de aprender a sentir este compás. Además al mismo tiempo practico escalas y rítmica al pasar por los 12 tonos de una forma muy melódica!! Super recomendable!!
Got me playing right away! the arrangement is exciting and it encourages you to view a very familiar piece in different angles which help you get those creative juices going.