I lovingly wrote these short studies over 6 months as a way to demonstrate/ introduce 12 different harmonic possibilites/systems available to the improvisor on a static minor 7th (dorian) vamp as a way to bring out different sound emotions.
These specially crafted exercises ( this is version 16! ) that are packed with innovative lines will challenge and inspire you whilst challenging your technique and developing your ear.
The download contains: PDF for C, Bb Eb and Bass Instruments + Mp3 of backing track + Explanatory PDf of each of the 12 scales/ideas used.
Some of these examples are new! ( Super Blues scale, Hybrid Blues Scale, Hendrix pentonic minor+ Others) and some better know : ( penatonic, bebop)
Written solo examples of the following ideas are presented :
1) Bebop scale + approach notes - a jazzy sound
2) 2 Major pairs triads - redolent of the Dorian
3) Approaching Major Triads - chromatic coherent sound
4) 2 more triads - Melodic Minor Sound
5) Treating the chord as a Tonic Minor- classical type sound
6) The Minor Pentatonic - sturdy 'inside sound'
7) The Blues scale - blues sound
8) Hendrix Pentatonic - edgy variant on the pentatonic
9) Hybrid Blues scale - mixing major + minor 3rd in to the blues scale
10) Bebop Blues scale - more chromatic notes
11) The 'Super Blues scale' - 8 note blues scale
12) Approaching the Minor Pentatonic with chromatic approach notes