Question - What is this System- Triad pairs?
Answer- A very powerful innovative improvisational tool!
Simply put, it is superimposing pairs of triads ( major or minor) over a given chord.
When we play triads like these sounded above a base chord we EVOKE sounds that are not in that base chord.
Just as a master chef adds special ingredients to a dish to produce a
mouth watering flavours we can learn to colour our improvisations in a masterful way superimposing triads, taking our playing rapidly to a higher level.
This PDF features very specially selected triad pair exercises over the famous
groovy chords of cantaloup island, that will challenge technically whilst training
your ear at the same time to heat these colours.
This digital Pdf ( in 4 versions: for Bb Sax and Bb Trumpet + Eb Sax + C instruments) contains :
1) the exact Exercises as shown in the Youtube Video
2) the 'basic' versions of the above exercises that are written to
introduce the player to the triads- hence one grouping per chorus
of 3, 4 ,5,6,7 and 8 notes in 8th notes, triplets and 16th notes-
( 7 pages of these preparatory exercises)
3) A chart that shows some of the triadic possibilities on the chords of
Cantaloup Island not shown in the video
4) 2 x Mp3 Play alongs to practice with at original pace and a little slower!
5) New Eb versions specially adapted for Alto Sax, using the entire range
6) The Minor Triad 13 pair Options PDF, that details and comments the
13 options shown in the video
NOTE PLEASE THIS IS ADVANCED LEVEL