Monsters Inc- Jazz analysis + corollary exercises
This instant Download contains:
1) A BAR by BAR detailed essay format analysis of the tune
2 Mp3 files to practice with, slow and fast of the keyboard chords
3) lead sheet with chord symbols (for Concert, Bb and Eb instruments)
4) corollary exercises (some shown in the video )
(for Concert, Bb and Eb instruments)
In the PDF the following musical gems of Monsters inc are analysed and expanded in to exercises
1. The INTRO - a micro master class on the tonic diminished- with practicelines!
2. The Rhythm - a close focus the rhythm of this piece + exercise
3. Chord progression - understanding the first crucial jazz chords
4. Guide tone lines- explanation and examples+ further study
5. Turnaround - the essential micro jazz chord progression to know!
6 Very cool lick- possibly the most important lick to know in jazz!
7.THE BRIDGE - perfect example of back cycling
8. Contrary motion- attention on these 2 contrary lines gives abundant
9. Coda- musical feast - essential harmony and melody in a bar!
10. The solo break - tremendous line featuring the b3 and b7 + corollary
Iv always wanted to know what’s going on in this song and now that I do with this thorough form study, I can incorporate these ideas into my own compositions and playing.