12 studies on a minor 7 vamp - digital PDF+ Mp3 backing track.
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/ESEguI
12 inspiring ideas to approach soloing on a Minor vamp in one PDF!
These specially crafted exercises are packed with innovative lines that will challenge and inspire whilst strengthening your technique and developing your ear to boot!
The download contains: PDF for C, Bb Eb and Bass Instruments + Mp3 of backing track + Explanatory PDF of each of the 12 scales/ideas used.
Some of these examples are new! ( Super Blues scale, Hybrid Blues Scale, Hendrix pentonic minor+ Others) and some better know : ( penatonic, bebop)
Written solo examples of the following ideas are presented :
- Bebop scale + approach notes - a jazzy sound
- Major pairs triads - redolent of the Dorian
- Approaching Major Triads - chromatic coherent sound
- Melodic Minor Sound
- Treating the chord as a Tonic Minor- classical type sound
- The Minor Pentatonic - sturdy 'inside sound'
- The Blues scale - blues sound
- Hendrix Pentatonic - edgy variant on the pentatonic
- Hybrid Blues scale - mixing major + minor 3rd in to the blues scale
- Bebop Blues scale - more chromatic notes
- The 'Super Blues scale' - 8 note blues scale
- Approaching the Minor Pentatonic with chromatic approach notes
Great jazz teaching resources
The sign-up, payment and downloading was a doddle. I have all the files successfully transfered and they will be used with my students in due course. The content is perfect for my 17/18 year old jazz students, and Im confident they will get a load of mileage from them - thanks Jazz Duets!
Hendrix Pentatonic and 12 Solo Studies
I am a hard core fan of Michael Brecker, John Coltrane and of course Charlie Parker...these 2 pdf materials that I bought reflect the existence of these 3 legendary giants of Jazz...and to own it in a very minimal package but definitely maximum information of the Jazz styles and approach that each one of them utilised, is a very2 valuable and vital information that every Jazz performing musician should have and possess....I would like to suggest and prefer it with complete videos of every example written...because it will show and be heard how a particular line or example sounds and would make the choice of which ones they are most interested to begin with...as for now I have to re-write it on Sibelius to hear how it sounds and which ones are more appealing to my personal preference...if you already have videos for these lessons that I bought, can you post it to my email...it would definitely save time and take me to the highest level and speed of development...please consider this suggestion....Thank You so much Sir....