Easy Jazz Saxophone Duets Digital PDF download
Easy Jazz Saxophone Duets
Looking for fun, new, fresh introduction to duet playing?
You have found it!
This collection of 9 lively pieces (19 pages) is ideal for Saxophone players of modest abilities who are just starting out and want a fun introduction to duet playing in the Jazz idiom. The original pieces that explore the Blues and Jazz styles are carefully written in comfortable keys, so as not to overwhelm ! The lower part is slightly more challenging to play, suitable for a player who is slightly more experienced.
Ideal for Practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
- Grades 1-3
- Easy and Fun to Play
- Simple Keys
- Ideal for beginners
- Limited range
- Basic Jazz Rhythms
- Bb parts included
" Jazz Duets Blues series of duets for Saxophone will help anyone get deep in to the roots of the past and the future of this music”
1. Bourbon Street - lively blues in G with a classic blues introduction
2. Hobo - 12 bar blues in F, exploring the core major-minor sound that give the Blues so much flavour!
3. Ramblin, a riffy tune, with rolling jazz lower part
4. Delta Blues features a catchy bass line hook that is contagious!
5. Fats offers a slow moment of peace and tranquility!
6. Memphis features a memorable shuffle bass accompaniment that has a rock 'n roll sound!
7. Jive Blues explores the world of difference between long and short quarter notes
8. Barrel House Blues is a querky blues with challenging to and fro parts- rather like a game of ping pong!
9. Memphis "New Orleans' Trio (Bundled) - A trio version with Solo and modulations!
I'm 55 years old and in November I started learning to play the saxophone. Searching for online learning materials, I found "Easy Jazz Saxophone". This is what I was looking for. My son is a professional violinist and together we play duets (for now No. 1) violin / saxophone. Your YT Nick recordings are very helpful. As I learn all the bluses, I will buy the next level. For now I practice and I have great joy playing the saxophone and life. Thank you so much Nick. You are great! If you will be in Poland - I invite you. Simone
I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I was wondering if there was a play a long that I could use with the music until I get used to using notes alone? Or is youtube good enough?
This is really a great stuff!!
Really good fun! Looking forward to “graduating” to intermediate! Would be even better if you could buy backing track with 1 part of the duet to play along to.
I am waiting to have a partner to play with......