The definitive I I7 IV IV- progression featured in this Video is a must know for all musicians. This PDF booklet features 7 incredible Stevie Wonder examples - that show what magical music can be crafted from such a seemingly simple harmonic resource .
This 4 chord progression is so vital to learn as these chords are found in so many classic songs and associating them with famous tunes helps immeasurably to internalise the sound and theory.
The 7 Stevie Wonder songs referenced are : (Evil, Please Don't go, Lighting up the Candles, I believe, He's misstra Know it All, Happier than the morning sun)
The booklet is divided in to the following sections:
1) The lead sheets + chords symbols (short hand version jazz players prefer)
of the 4 bar progression of each song
2) Basic Piano Voicings - of the 4 bar progression of each song, spelling the notes that are in each chord -if you are not familiar with the chord symbols. Good place to start!
3) Suggested Piano voicings on 2 staves (treble and bass)- these sound more realistic
that the above basic voicings, of the 4 bar progression of each song
4) Grid Chord views of the 7 Entire Songs so you can see how the I I7 IV IV-
progression relates to the entire piece!
5) The Midi file with all the examples
ALSO BUNDLED in this Download
3 Killer Lines - featuring
SIR DUKE, MASTER BLASTER, CONTUSION
+ You and I lead sheet