Looking for a fun, new, fresh introduction to Jazz/Blues duet playing?
Look no further!
This collection of 9 lively pieces (16 pages) is ideal for Clarinet players of modest abilities who are just starting out and want a fun introduction to duet playing in the Jazz idiom. The original pieces that explore the Blues and Jazz styles are carefully written in comfortable keys, so as not to overwhelm young players. The lower part is slightly more challenging to play, suitable for a player who is slightly more experienced.
- Ideal for Practice sessions, classes or performance situations.
- Below the break
- Grades 1-3
- Easy and Fun to Play
- Simple Keys
- Ideal for beginners
- Limited range
- Basic Jazz Rhythms
Includes Memphis trio!
1. Bourbon Street is a lively blues in G with a classic blues introduction
2. Hobo in C explores the core major-minor sound that give the Blues so much flavour!
3. Ramblin, a riffy tune, with rolling jazz lower part
4. Delta Blues in F features a catchy bass line hook that is contagious!
5. Fats offers a slow moment of peace and tranquility!
6. Memphis a memorable shuffle bass accompaniment that has a rock 'n roll sound!
7. Jive Blues explores the world of difference between long and short quarter notes
8. Barrel House Blues is a querky blues with challenging to and fro parts- rather like a game of ping pong!
9. Memphis 'New Orleans' Trio (Bundled) - A trio version with Solo! and modulations.