Triad pair Cantaloupe exercises PDF (Advanced)
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/qTeBK
Question - What is this System- Triad pairs?
Answer - A very powerful innovative improvisational tool!
Simply put, it is superimposing pairs of triads ( major or minor) over a given chord.
When we play triad pairs on top of a base chord we can EVOKE exotic sounds and colours.
Just as a master chef adds special ingredients to a dish to produce a
mouth watering flavours we can learn to colour our improvisations in a masterful way superimposing triads, taking our playing rapidly to a higher level.
This PDF features very carefully written Triad pair exercises over the famous groovy chords of Cantaloupe Island by Herbie Hancock that will challenge you technically whilst training your ear to hear these harmonies taking your playing to
a new level.
This digital Pdf ( in 4 versions: for Bb Sax and Bb Trumpet + Eb Sax + C instruments) contains :
1) the exact Exercises as shown in the Youtube Video
2) the 'basic' versions of the above exercises that are written to
introduce the player to the triads- hence one grouping per chorus
of 3, 4 ,5 ,6, 7 and 8 notes in 8th notes, triplets and 16th notes-
( 7 pages of these preparatory exercises)
3) A chart that shows some of the triadic possibilities on the chords of
Cantaloup Island not shown in the video
4) 2 x Mp3 Play alongs to practice with at original pace and a little slower!
5) New Eb versions specially adapted for Alto Sax, using the entire range
6) The Minor Triad 13 pair Options PDF, that details and comments the
13 options shown in the video below.
NOTE PLEASE THIS IS ADVANCED LEVEL