10+ Essential Blues Progressions + 33 SOLOS complete Package
Here for the first time, the DEFINITIVE Blues harmony guide to all the chord options serious students of Jazz need to know + 33 especially written Solos
The study of these tried and tested progressions taken from the Great American Jazz continuum will deepen your understanding of harmony, taking your musicianship/improvisation to a much higher level, whilst training your ear!
11 of the most Important Blues progressions heard in thousands of Jazz/Blues classics are fully explained in a clear logical order. Its like a super condensed stand alone Blues course!
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to the JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/hRLJi
This meticulously prepared instant digital package contains the following items that will provide a wealth of material to practice and guarantee an enjoyable immersion in the Blues:
- PDF of the 2 hand Piano progressions + Chord symbols of the 11 Blues Progressions showing you the exact piano chords used in the video with accompanying bar by bar analysis explanation notes for full understanding of the harmony.
- PDF of the Roman numeral Grid analysis of the 11 progressions so you can understand deeply and transpose to any key easily (comes with notes to help you memorise the key harmonic changes)
- 33 Choruses of specially written solos full of real Jazz language that accentuate the colourful chord changes providing examples of how to play over the changing harmony featuring lines from the following greats: Charlie Parker, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, Stan Getz, Sidney Bechet, Pat Metheny, Dizzy Gillespie + Miles Davis (Eb ,Bb , Concert and Bass parts)
- Mp3 Playalong of the 11 progressions with the Piano on its own and with the Saxophone solos + Piano to be used for playalong practice and eartraining.
- 2 x Mp3 playalong of the 33 Blues progressions 1)Piano 2) piano and Sax solo
- Accompanying Pdf explanation of the 33 Blues solos with info about the quotes and solo
10 Essential Blues
Another top notch product from the team @ jazzduets
I need help!
I love your stuff. I’m basically a beginner even though I’ve been playing alto for years. I bought the blues lesson that includes the ear training program with the charts and the mp3. I’m having difficulty understanding the charts that have the different chord changes in colors! Can you help?
I bought the package for Blues Progressions. I pretty much knew all of these by experience and ear but having a collated summary of the variations and a piano score for them is really helpful since I'm learning Blues piano. It seems like such a simple thing to do but I've never seen this elsewhere (both the package and the YouTube video). The not so simple thing is maybe seeing the need for something like this and distilling it into a concise package. It's extremely useful for both the initial learning and for continued practice. I'd really like to see similar things done with standards arrangements--eg "here's Autumn Leaves arranged in seven styles, shell voicings, clustered, melody focused, rootless voicings" etc. And also things like "essence of the Red Garland sound," "blues runs" etc. You obviously have the chops and editorial skills to make it happen!!
Very good practice exercises
I am a jazz guitarist. The guitar sounds an octave lower than written so the most difficult part with these excellent exercises is to figure out the best fingering as we get into the higher register above the14 fret. It is time we’ll spent!
I'm starting to work with it and think it's great! Besides the phrasing of the improvisation is also a great exercise for reading solos especially if you transpose it in other keys!