10+ Essential Blues Progressions + 33 SOLOS complete Package
Here for the first time, the DEFINITIVE Blues harmony guide to all the chord options serious students of Jazz need to know + 33 especially written Solos
The study of these tried and tested progressions taken from the Great American Jazz continuum will deepen your understanding of harmony, taking your musicianship/improvisation to a much higher level, whilst training your ear!
11 of the most Important Blues progressions heard in thousands of Jazz/Blues classics are fully explained in a clear logical order. Its like a super condensed stand alone Blues course!
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to the JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/hRLJi
This meticulously prepared instant digital package contains the following items that will provide a wealth of material to practice and guarantee an enjoyable immersion in the Blues:
- PDF of the 2 hand Piano progressions + Chord symbols of the 11 Blues Progressions showing you the exact piano chords used in the video with accompanying bar by bar analysis explanation notes for full understanding of the harmony.
- PDF of the Roman numeral Grid analysis of the 11 progressions so you can understand deeply and transpose to any key easily (comes with notes to help you memorise the key harmonic changes)
- 33 Choruses of specially written solos full of real Jazz language that accentuate the colourful chord changes providing examples of how to play over the changing harmony featuring lines from the following greats: Charlie Parker, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, Stan Getz, Sidney Bechet, Pat Metheny, Dizzy Gillespie + Miles Davis (Eb ,Bb , Concert and Bass parts)
- Mp3 Playalong of the 11 progressions with the Piano on its own and with the Saxophone solos + Piano to be used for playalong practice and eartraining.
- 2 x Mp3 playalong of the 33 Blues progressions 1)Piano 2) piano and Sax solo
- Accompanying Pdf explanation of the 33 Blues solos with info about the quotes and solo
- bar blues
So many ideas, so many styles at hand. It would have taken so much time and effort to get these... but thanks to you, I can start right now, head on. Tell you when I've covered every solo, may be ten years from now ;-)
Hi Nick, Really loving this blues package. It’s so well put together and thought out. So much material here. It will take me ages/forever to get through, and I will enjoy all of that time. Great videos to accompany it too. Cheers Dan
I am just getting started but I am sure that this will be an awesome resource as I am a self taught gospel musician with a few gaps here and there. The video was fantastic. You are a very gifted and generous teacher!
Excellent content, well laid out and easier to understand. Takes the reader from a basic 12 bar blues through to a complex Jazz style blues. The backing tracks are good quality and are easily looped for extended playing.
I’ve struggled with jazz improv most of my trumpet playing life and have a bookcase full of method books to show for it. But Nick’s approach has clicked for me! His structured digestible bite sized videos and materials are filled with examples, explanations, and demonstrations all delivered with just the right amount of humor. Highly recommended!