At some stage in our development as improvisors it is great to practice licks that start on different degrees of the chord scale.
This will corner us to play notes that we may not usually choose, ones that are perhaps not quite in our comfort zone yet like the 4th, the 6th, the b5.
These kind of creative exercises will help us grow as improvisors and expand our possibilities and musical horizons.
Note. If you wish to purchase this with a credit card please proceed to the JazzDuets parallel site here: https://gum.co/rOlIB
In this new Jazzduets resource Cool Bebop licks starting on the following degrees (Root, 3rd, 5th, b7, 9th, 6th, 4th, b3, #4, b6, b9 are in abundance here strengthening the technique, ear and musical understanding.
The 84 (2016 in total) Licks here are drenched with
- Classic Jazz vocabulary directly from the Jazz continuum
- Approach notes and Triad pairs
This resource has been designed and conceived for you to be able to use WITHOUT a teacher-
Use the saxophone demonstrations (fast and slow) to train your ear how the licks sound and to play along with daily!
Features of the 246 page PDF
- Short analysis in F, G and D of every lick so you can see the logic behind each one
- Suitable for all instruments (Bb, Eb, Concert and Bass)
- contains the 84 licks in all 12 keys ( 2016 licks in total)
- Guitar Tabs included+ ALSOGuitar Pro file that you can use to practice with, change thesound,speed andkeyto your hearts content!
Features of the Mp3 tracks
- slow and fast play alongs in 12 keys
- slow and fast sax demonstrations for you to practice with in the main F concert key